Manual Configure of Microsoft Outlook For Gmail
Email is the most important mode of communication. We prefer email for all our official communication. And Gmail is the most popular email service today. We can easily open a Gmail account for free. Gmail account is easily accessed from anywhere like Desktop, laptop, mobile, web and apps.
If you don’t like to work in Gmail(web & app) or want to manage your email all in one place with a desktop email client Outlook is a smart solution for this.
In this article, I will show you how to Configure Microsoft Outlook For Gmail Manually.
- Log into Gmail Account.
- Click on the Gear icon(top right corner) and select Settings in the drop down.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP on the menu at the top
- Inside the section of POP Download, click to select Enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on.
- Select Archive Gmail’s Copy in the drop-down box next to “When messages are accessed with POP”
- Click on Save Changes
Now Microsoft Outlook will download the mail from Gmail account through the POP3 protocol.
If you want to access Gmail through IMAP. Inside the section IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP.
After the Gmail configuration, we need to add your Gmail account to Microsoft Outlook.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- From the File menu, select Add Account
- select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next
- Select Internet Email and click Next
- enter your name, email address and password in the fields, check if you like to remember the password.
- In the Account Type, select POP if you wish to create a POP3 account. For IMAP account, select IMAP.
- For the Incoming server, enter pop.gmail.com for POP3 account or imap.gmail.com for IMAP account.
- For outgoing server, enter smtp.gmail.com.
- Click on More Settings
- In the Outgoing Server tab, select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication
- Select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server
- Now in the Advanced Tab
- In Incoming Server Port Enter 995 for a POP3 account and enter 993 for IMAP account.
- Select This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection, and set the type of encryption to SSL For IMAP account.
- In the Outgoing Server Port, enter the value 587. Set the type of encryption to TLS
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings.
- You will see a message “your account settings are correct”
- Click on Next to exit the dialogue box.
Hope you have enjoyed this article. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.